Hey, this is my first tutorial and first post and I’ve not got to know what this board’s like yet so go easy;)
Okay then we’re gonna make a sort of Digital Blast thingy a bit like this:
If you follow it to the letter then it won’t look exactly like this because I used a couple more blending options, swapped the layers, Radial Zoom Blur and Plastic Wrap:)
1. Create a new document 500x500px
2. Grab the gradient tool and set it on the rainbow setting (second to last on the pre sets). Create loads of linear gradients that all converge in the centre. You should get something that looks a little like this:
3. Now go Image>Adjustments>Hue Saturation (or press Ctrl+U) and use these settings. You should get something that looks a little like this:
4. Make a duplicate of this layer (right click on it in the layers panel and click ‘Duplicate Layer’.
5. Now on the lower layer go to Filter>Pixelate>Mosaic with a cell size of 5. and you should get something like this:
6. Now go Filter>Stylize>Find Edges. Now invert it by pressing Ctrl+I and you should get something like this:
7. Now drag the original layer to the top and use an eraser with a soft brush on size 375. Leave the opacity and flow at 100%. Click twice in the centre of your image. Now do the same with the brush settings at size: 580px, the opacity: 80% and the flow: 50%. You should get something like this:
NB – This just gives you the basic form of the image, now just play around with duplicate layers and blending options until you get something you like.